Sensory Spectacle Workshops and Events
FEEL IT is a workshop that teaches all about Sensory Processing Disorder.
Parents, professionals and students on this workshop will learn:
- the importance of our senses,
- why we need them for learning,
- what Sensory Processing Disorder is (SPD),
- how we can recognise characteristics of SPD,
- how it might feel with our immersive environments,
- strategies and ideas to begin supporting children and adults with SPD.
This workshop can be booked as in-house training or you can book onto one of our pre-planned dates. You can book on our website here - http://www.sensoryspectacle.co.uk/pre-planned .
Workshops coming up in 2018 are:
3 October in Newton Abbot
10 October in Cambridge
17 October in Newcastle
31 October in Reading
8 November in London
4 March 2019 in Derry, N.I.
Following on from the FEEL IT workshop is then our DO IT workshop. Check our website for more information about this.
INTERACT is an annual event that focuses on hands-on practical learning for professionals and parents to learn new skills to promote effective interaction for children and adults with additional needs who they support.
In 2018 you will learn:
- The techniques of Intensive Interaction with Janet Gurney from Us in a Bus.
- Physical Activity ideas for people with PMLD with Angela Lydon from Special Olympics.
- Benefits of laughter for well-being with Katie White from The Best Medicine.
- The best slime recipes with Sarah Hall from The Willows Sensory Service.
Join us in Newton Abbot on 4 October, Cambridge on 11 October & Newcastle on 18 October.
Learning How We Feel - A conference for understanding and exploring Interoception, an internal sensory system.
On 6 November, at The Bridge School in London, we are bringing researchers and practitioners together to share the latest information and knowledge of how we can best support our interoceptive sense. Interoception informs us of when we are hungry, thirsty, tired and need the toilet.
This conference welcomes professionals, students and parents to come along. You can book directly here (http://www.sensoryspectacle.co.uk/interoception).
Sensory Spectacle Founder
Subscribe to our Youtube channel for lots of FREE videos about SPD. Visit https://www.youtube.com/c/sensoryspectacle?sub_confirmation=1