The Cutting Edge!
Led by Flo Longhorn with 20 Presenters
to be held at Swiss Cottage School Conference Centre, Central London
29 and 30 November 2018
the ‘Bubbles Launch’ for new books
Les Staves, Joanna Grace, Nicola Harvey and Suzie books publications!
- Developing thinking and maths skills for special learners
- Dramatic poems - ’Call and Response’
- Creativity for the uncreative’ - pop-up hands-on workshops over two days
- ‘Inner strength’ boxes - self regulation.
- Integrated learning spaces - highly individualised assessment for special learners
- Integrating physical aspects into the learning process
- Intrinsic or extrinsic? That is the motivating, idiosyncratic question!
- Enabling outcomes to be meaningful for learners with PMLD
- Mental health - a sensory first aid kit
- Mindful little Yogis
- Quest for learning - an Irish version of Routes for Learning
- ‘Rude, naughty but nice’-deconstructing/exploring the rationale for a sensory story
- Simplifying assessment evidencing
- Spirituality - special spirits in the sky
- Stressed out and burnt out? Remedial laughter remedies
- The power of touch
- Tweaking and engaging the visual environment for special learners.
- Using the engagement tools to deliver sensory stories - a case study and video
- ‘When children with PMD shine’ - playfulness and play passports
- ‘Sex, drugs, problems and death’
(first name, alphabetical order)
- Andrew Colley, Lecturer and Author, University of East London, former PMLD Teacher
- Andrew Douglas, Education Manager, Curriculum, Assessment and Recording Council, Northern Ireland
- Beverley Cockhill, CLDD Coordinator/Trainer, Chadsgrove School, Birmingham
- Clare Hobson, Art Teacher and Deputy Head, Ysgol Clug Glas, Swansea, Wales
- Debby Watson, Researcher, Barnwood Trust, formerly at the Nora Fry Research Centre, Bristol
- Fiona O’Dwyer, Principal, St Michaels House Special School, Ballymun, Dublin, Ireland
- Flo Longhorn, Author and Principal Consultant in Special and Multisensory Education, Belgium
- Helen Dunman, Chailey Heritage School
- Jane Thistlewaite, Facilitator, Engagement4Learning Programme, Fellow, Birmingham University, NZ
- Joanna Grace, Author, Trainer and Originator of The Sensory Project, Cornwall
- Julie Tilbury and Meriel Green, Chailey Heritage School, Special Non-maintained School, East Sussex
- Katie Rose White, Trainer, Laughter Facilitator and Founder of Best Medicine
- Keith Park, Author, Squeeze Box Expertand Drama Guru in Special Education
- Les Staves, Senior Consultant and Author of Very Special Maths, Leeds
- Nicola Harvey, Special Needs Teacher, Author, Yoga Guru
- Pete Wells, Practitioner, International Speaker/Very Unique Sensory Story Resources, Sunderland
- Rachel Markey, National Council for Special Education, Special Education Assistant Coordinator, Ireland
- Dr Richard Gamman, Head Teacher and Psychologist, John Fielding School, Boston
- Sarah Hall and Beverley Williams - Willows Sensory Service, Birmingham
Download the full 2-day programme here (PDF).
View The Cutting Edge - Programme online.
Cost: £180.00 (+ VAT) per day or £320.00 (+VAT) for both days.
Discounts available for multiple attendees from the same organisation.